Job & Career Openings at Tidwell Social Work
Work with Meaning and Purpose
Tidwell is working to foster well-being in individuals of all ages, cultures, and faiths. Tidwell Social Work is on the front line, building communities and participating in their successes. We believe that other cultures should be embraced and respected for their contributions to, and enrichment of, our community. This belief is an extension of the work culture here. Our employees are treated with dignity and respect. Each team member at Tidwell is respected for the contribution they make and the expertise they bring to the organization.
Wouldn’t it be great to work somewhere that cares about you? Take it from us, it is. We know how important it is to balance life’s demands. Our mission, vision, and goals depend on the women and men who make up Tidwell Social Work’s organization. Our team members are the seeds from which the goodness we plant grows. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, check out the opportunities listed or submit your resume for future openings today.
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist - Updated 1/8/2018
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist
Part-time, Contracted Position – 20 hours/week
Responsible for the timely submission of claims and follow up with insurance companies to ensure accurate reimbursements. This involves collecting billing data, posting claims and managing account payments. Responsible for entering and coding patient services into a computer system and generating invoices to be sent to the patient. Sorts and files paperwork, handles insurance claims, and performs collections duties.Essential Job Functions:
○ Verify patient coverage and demographic information draw conclusions and correct billing errors or other claim issues.
○ Evaluate patient’s financial status and establish budget payment plans.
○ Prepare and submit clean claims to insurance companies through the appropriate means i.e. electronically or by paper utilizing component based billing under ICD-10.
○ Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurance and submit monthly statements to patients as needed.
○ Review patient bills for accuracy, completeness and reconcile patient accounts.
○ Audit accounts for refunds and unapplied payments. Follow up on unpaid/Aging claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
○ Process payments and EOBs; review EOBs for denials, rejections and appeals.
○ Track claims through the billing process and identify problem areas; troubleshoot & resolve billing issues by calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary.
○ Follow and report status of delinquent accounts and prepares information for the collection agency as appropriate.
○ Verify services provided and submit invoices to contracting agencies.
○ Address inquiries made by patients, contractors, and insurance companies.
○ Identify and resolve patient billing complaints.
○ Communicates and works collaboratively with all department managers, staff, contractors, clients/family members (as needed) while maintaining strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
○ Collaborate with Office and Clinic Managers as well as other agency contractors to resolve problems related to billing, claims and reimbursement.II. Record Keeping
○ Translate patient information into alphanumeric medical code.
○ Collect, post, and manage patient account payments.
○ Review delinquent accounts.
○ Process payments from insurance companies.
○ Sort/file paperwork, maintain accurate reports.III. Ethics
○ Conducts self in accordance with TSWSC employee manual.
○ Maintains strictest confidentiality, adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
○ Follow the professional billing specialists code of ethics.IV. Administrative
○ Manage the agency’s Accounts Receivable reports.
○ Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
○ Attend meetings and participate in Budget development as required.Reports to Executive Director and Budget/Finance DirectorDesired Skills/ Experience:
○ Must have MEDICAID billing &claims experience and knowledge of Commercial Insurance guidelines.
○ Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
○ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
○ Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
○ Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.Education:
○ Medical Billing/Coding certification.
○ Knowledge of business and accounting processes usually obtained from an Associate in Business Administration, Accounting or Health Care Administration preferred.
○ College degree or equivalent in direct experience
○ 2+ years of related experience in Mental healthcare environment.
○ Customer Service focused with knowledge of systems, methods and processes that support excellence in service.Physical Demands:
○ Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
○ This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.