Tidwell Social Work & Consulting Inc. (TSWC) was started by Kathy Tidwell in December 2000, initially as a private practice serving Medicaid, Medicare and other insurance clients. In its first year of operations, Tidwell Social Work Services and Consulting under the management of Kathy, established referral sources and training contracts which at that time included Head Start and Idaho State University (conducting statewide suicide prevention trainings).
On October 1st 2014, the clinic started operations as a Nonprofit under the name of Tidwell Social Work Services and Consulting, Inc (TSWSC). Since then, we have significantly expanded our Community Building and Healing Efforts to include initiatives such as Women Empowerment, Family Services, Self-Help, Pay It Forward, and Healing and Rebuilding Our Communities (HROC).
At TSWSC, we are committed to developing, delivering and sustaining culturally responsive, trauma-informed care throughout our organization. TSWSC workers strive toward the restoration of dignity & respect, safety & trust, as well as power & control for the individuals we serve. With services driven by individual needs, TSWSC workers and clients collaboratively design individualized treatment plans to promote growth in a compassionate environment. Our services are accessible to individuals of all ages, cultures and faiths.
To foster quality mental health and well-being that is accessible to individuals of all ages,cultures, and faith, with a sense of belonging to the community and participating in its success.
It is our mission to provide individually tailored care and quality of life to all our clients through culturally relevant, equitable services and advocacy that focuses on prevention. promote healing, and advances integration in the community.
- All who arrive in our community as refugees, or from other cultures, have access to culturally-relevant, client-centered mental health services.
- Our clients are empowered, have a voice and are partners in their services and in the community.
- Community members from other cultures are embraced and respected for their contributions to, and enrichment of, our community.
- Community services providers have access to and are trained to be culturally competent.
- All we serve are recognized as individuals.
- Our clients are provided with the tools to integrate into the community with dignity, respect and resiliency; feeling safe, connected and having purpose.
- Listening, collaborating and partnering with organizations and individuals that share our vision and committed to the people we serve
- Maintain a process of continuous improvement of our services that centers on improving the lives of the person we serve.
Direct Mental Health Services
- Individual, group & family counseling
- Community-Based Rehabilitation Services
- Targeted Service Coordination (Case Management)
- Community Mental Health Advisors (Peer Support)
- Massage Therapy
Training & Consultation
- Clinical Supervision
- Refugee services training (includes certificate programs)
Community Building & Healing
- HROC (Healing & Rebuilding Our Communities-Boise)
- CUP: Community Unbound Project
- Women’s Empowerment workshops
- Pay it Forward